Media and Marketing Intern (Entertainment)
Note: We have positions in both New York and Los Angeles.
Are you passionate about how movies are marketed?
Do you follow news and developments around new movies, box office, the local art-house cinema and love the mediums of independent film and streaming entertainment?
Apply for the Sawyer Studios internship program and work with a creative, dynamic, highly focused team of entertainment marketing professionals.
Sawyer Studios is an unique hybrid – where creative agency meets full-service media company. From traditional entertainment campaigns to the very cutting edge of big-data marketing for digitally enabled, on-demand entertainment, we offer big agency quality with the hands-on service and low overheads of an independent boutique. Clients include: Lionsgate, Universal, Sony, Amazon, IFC, PBS, Magnolia Pictures, Open Road and many more.
We are seeking interns to assist with the creative, media and business development process in delivering first-class marketing for movie advertising for current, and future clients. If one of the following, more specific roles sound like you, please indicate so in your application.
Planning: You can determine the target audience for a movie, using all the research tools at your disposal, and which mediums make the most sense to reach them.
Social Media: You understand the necessary platforms and how to grow/speak in the voice of an account.
Ad Ops: You have an eye for detail, which is essential when deploying a campaign, and are tech savvy enough to learn a new platform to be able to make the appropriate optimizations.
Requirement: 3 days or 30 hours per week for a 3 month period. Note this an an unpaid opportunity that could lead to full-time paid work.
You must have a demonstrated passion for independent film
• Assist in the advertising delivery process. Media planning, proofreading, trafficking and reserving media for clients right through to reporting and optimization
• Research successful print and online campaigns from competitors and market at large, presenting these to the in house creative team
• Keep abreast of client and target client news, competitor activity, and upcoming releases with a special emphasis on the marketing process
• Work with creative team to assist in researching image and background files, including information on directors, producers, distribution and marketing contributors to projects
• Work with business development to inform the client pitch process
• Post to social media, blogs, forums and creative/media networks to support campaigns and company business development
• Analytics exposure/interest including Google Analytics, social listening and social media analytics, ad servers, programmatic platforms and a desire and understanding to surface insights from sometimes complex variables and data sets
• Assist in writing copy for advertising campaign
Meticulous attention to detail required. If possible please include a writing sample.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team with the potential for full-time paid employment after a successful internship!