Analytics Intern, Entertainment Advertising
Are you passionate about how movies are marketed?
Do you follow news and developments around new movies, box office, the local art-house cinema and love the mediums of independent film and streaming entertainment?
Apply for the Sawyer Studios internship program and work with a creative, dynamic, highly focused team of data-driven entertainment marketing professionals.
Sawyer Studios is an unique hybrid – where creative agency meets full-service media company. From traditional entertainment campaigns to the very cutting edge of big-data marketing for digitally enabled, on-demand entertainment, we offer big agency quality with the hands-on service and low overheads of an independent boutique. Clients include: Focus Features, MGM, HBO, Vimeo, IFC, PBS, Magnolia Pictures, Cinedigm, Gravitas, Amplify, Tribeca Film and many more.
We are seeking interns who want to learn how data drives digital marketing and high level decision making in entertainment.
Your objective is to learn how media companies use the various analytics tools to surface key actionable insights.
- 3 days or 30 hours per week for a 3 month period.
- Candidates with a demonstrated passion for independent film are preferred.
- Working towards or recent graduate from a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Business, Statistics, or Marketing as well as another other related field of expertise.
- Experience in online analysis and discerning actionable insights (regression analysis, statistics etc.)
- Analytics exposure/interest including social media analytics, ad servers, programmatic platforms and a desire and understanding to surface insights from sometimes complex variables and data sets
- Some knowledge of digital media e.g. SEO, PPC, display, video, social, mobile.
- Ability to multi-task. Prioritization skills.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Excel, SQL and R/Python/SAS
- Analyzing, synthesizing, and interpreting a range of data types and sources.
- Maintain dashboards, preparing ad hoc, daily, weekly and monthly reports to track KPIs and monitor performance.
- Translating campaign insights into actionable business recommendations.
- Identifying and advocating for “best practices” and institutional knowledge
- Understand how to tell a story with data
Free entry to client cinemas in Manhattan and Brooklyn
Possible full time opportunity after successful internship.